Women's mountain bike weekend (1)
Date and Location:
Treat yourself to great riding in the stunning beauty of East Devon on this women’s mountain bike weekend.
- Ride the best trails in the area, including miles of natural singletrack that only locals know how to find.
- Have fun on and off the bike, make new friends and find people to ride with.
- Be in a supportive environment to challenge yourself and push your comfort zone (if you want to!).
- Learn tricks to get your mind working with you to improve your riding, rather than putting the brakes on.
- Stay in a luxurious holiday cottage in the East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
- Be guided by Cathy, a qualified mountain bike leader with outdoor first aid training and able to do trailside repairs.
As well as her mountain bike leader qualification, Cathy is also a life coach and NLP master practitioner and can give you tips on ways to boost your confidence and strengthen your belief in your ability, as well as tips to improve your technical skills.
To come on this weekend you need to be fit enough to ride for about 4-5 hours at a moderate pace for two days in a row. You are comfortable riding on singletrack with tree roots. The daily distance is around 25 miles, with up to 650 metres of climbing on day one. Less on day two.
If you answer yes to one of more of the questions below, then this is the weekend for you. You will leave with more confidence and plenty of tips to help you have more fun on your bike.
- Do you like the idea of riding off road but lack confidence when it gets steeper?
- Have you lost your nerve since you had children?
- Is your mind getting in your way when the going gets tough?
- Has your partner taken you riding and scared you senseless?
- Would you like to ride with a supportive group of women?
- Do you want to improve both your technical and mental skills on a mountain bike?
Cost: £249 which covers:
3 nights accommodation (This means you can come back to the cottage for tea and a shower on Sunday, even if you don't want to stay the night)
2 days of guided mountain biking
Pizza and a drink at the Rusty Pig on Friday night
Click here for full details.